While attempting to play Solitaire and error message said Hardware accelerator is not turned on. How do I fix that?

I ATTEMPTED TO PLAT SOME OF THE WINDOWS GAMES (SOLITARE) AND WAS TOLD THAT THE HARDWARE ACCELERATOR IS NOT TURNED ON AND THAT I SHOULD TURN IT ON, I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE TO FIND IT, PLEASE HELP AS IT RUNS REAL SLOW

Question Info

Last updated February 10, 2019 Views 17,592 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I would suggest that you update the video card drivers from the manufacturer website.

Refer:

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

The other thing which you can try in order to fix the issue would be to update the motherboard chipset driver and also perform a BIOS (Basic Input Output System) update specifically the AGPmini.

Accellerated Graphics Port driver within Device Manager(System Devices) install the motherboard update from the motherboard manufacturers website. Ensure that you have the correct update for your motherboard model for most systems, without this, your video card will run in PCI-Mode.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Please get in touch with the manufacturer to update the Motherboard Chipset Driver

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hello! You must have installed the driver of your graphic card to enable the hardware accelleration... See on web site of your video card producer to find the right drivers  :)  After you have installed driver, turn on hardware acceleration if it don't start automatically :)

I hope to be more helpful :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.