Question

Q: Unable to start Bluetooth Stack Services

Since installing fixes from the Windows Update site yesterday, I'm getting the following error (Unable to start Bluetooth Stack Services).  I had also lost all connectivity to my flash drive / SD mem card reader (Dell 720) but was able to repair that by uninstalling all the drivers for those service and rebooting.

Answer

A:

I ran a Norton Registery cleanup some days ago and it was about that time I started getting the ERROR msg.

Would this be a MS or Norton problem, or something differnt all together?

Same here; I got the problem just after I ran Norton Security Suite registry cleanup. To fix it, I have to reinstall the broadcom drivers.

I also ran Norton registry cleaner and got this error. Definitely seems to be a Norton issue.

I Just got a brand new computer from Staples on Sunday of last week. First series of updates all but froze up my system until I logged out and back in then finished installing. Now I am getting this error. The system came complete with windows8 64 bit OS and Norton (which I got rid of immediately) I have had issues with Norton in the past and take no chances with it because of that fact. I am having a 2 part problem here though. Along with this error message when I try to load up my anti-virus I have paid for and used the last 4 years and running my IE10 stops responding. Thought it was due to Windows defender so tried turning it off while I went to site and it didn't make a bit of difference. could definitely use some help here with these issues. BTW followed directions on page one. Drivers are up to date for blue tooth device.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

20 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Hi Deepthroat,

I can tell you what I did, and that was using your Registry program I restored to the last date or prior to your restore date or back up.

If it resolves the problem then it would seem to be the registry program - I would then get in touch with them to seek further advice. As for me I was usinga  program from Uniblue and informed they were trying to resolve the issue and offered a refund.

I would think the problem lies with Norton rather then MS since I am running 64bit  windows 7 - as since I have chosen another Registry program from Systweak using their Advance system Optimizer which seems very stable. (however pls do your research on reviews to see if thi is suitable.

hope that helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

10 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 132,322 Last updated: May 20, 2018 Applies to: