Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

I have norton 360,ran diagnostic report/PC Tuneup detail and said to run device manager -norton 360 has detected inoperable hareware devices .On device manager I click on network adapters to update software driver and states windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.So when I click to Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface to update driver it says windows was able to succesfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run.The problem code is 10.

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2018 Views 13,516 Applies to:
http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?t=299469

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues/thread/493e48fb-9e9b-4319-8f5b-21d0645169bd

Above links will give you a point in the right direction.

Here is a very good post by Lionel Chen regarding TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6, which is connected with your problem.

Lionel Chen - MSFTWednesday, January 09, 2008 7:26:04 AM

Hello B. Addy,

Thanks for your post!

6to4 adapter is a component used for transmitting IPv6 packets trough IPv4 network correctly.

In some scenarios, there will be a code 31 or code 10 error appearing beside this component. A possible reason is, the network adapter doesn’t support this feature. You may update the driver for your network adapter or chipset, and then try to uninstall and reinstall the this component.

To uninstall the component, right-click the item in Device Manager and select Uninstall.

To reinstall the component, in Device Manager, Action – Add Legacy Hardware – Next – “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” – Network adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter – Next – Finish the wizard.

If the steps above doesn’t solve the problem, your network adapter is not a supportive one for this component. You can completely ignore this error, if there isn’t IPv6 network deployed in the environment. The error won’t affect your system.

To remove the error message, please right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator, type the command netsh in 6to4 set state disable, press Enter. The component will be disabled and hidden.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.