Problems with Atheros AR5007EG drivers!

After installing and uninstalling Commview drivers for Atheros AR5007EG several times and when I installed the official drivers, my laptop cannot connect to my wireless networks anymore. Although I tried to installed the drivers, my computer could not work. And I cannot see Wireless networks in Windows Mobility Center. And my laptop only works with Commview drivers from TamoSoft, not official drivers from Atheros. How can I do to solve it? Could you please give me a solution? 
Answer
Answer

Hi

Thank you for using Microsoft Windows Vista Forums. 

Method 1:

Let us try to disable Antivirus security software and check the issue.

Re-enable the security software after checking the issue.

You can also try to disable the firewall and check the issue.

Re-enable the firewall after checking the issue.

Method 2:

Follow the instructions in the link below to perform Clean boot procedure.

Step 1: Perform a clean boot

Step 2: Enable half of the services

Step 3: Determine whether the problem returns

Step 4: Enable half of the Startup items
Step 5: Determine whether the problem returns

Step 6: Resolve the problem

Step 7: Reset the computer to start as usual

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

After checking the issue, put the computer back to the Normal mode.

Uninstall or update the program which is causing the issue.

Method 3:

In order for the network to work properly, let us check to see if your network services are running correctly.  

1.    Open the Start Menu

2.    Type services in the Start Search area and press Enter

3.    Click on Continue in the UAC prompt

4.    Locate Network Connections, Network List Service, Network Location Awareness, and Network Store Interface Service

5.    Verify that Status is set to Started and Startup Type is set to Automatic

6.    If this is not the case then right click the service and select Start to start the service

7.    Right click the service and select Properties and change the Startup type to Automatic

8.    Repeat as necessary for the services listed in step 4

Method 4:

If you still have issue connecting to the network or internet follow this steps which fixes most connectivity issues.  

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233     

Method 5:

To reset the TCP/IP stack go to this article and either click on "Fix it for me" or follow the instructions to fix it yourself:

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357     

Method 6:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties

3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"

4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session

5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

Try uninstalling IPv6 on all interfaces, removing any IPv6 virtual adapters, and resetting the TCP/IP stack. To remove IPv6, go into the properties for each network adapter and either uncheck the box next to the protocol "Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6), that will disable it, or select it and click uninstall, which will remove it off the computer. Then go into device manager and remove any 4to6 adapters, WUN miniport adapters, or tunnel adapters.

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.  

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/   )  How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers

To resolve this issue, disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag in Windows Vista. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}

In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to the network adapter that is connected to the network.

On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.

In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then press ENTER.

Right-click DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then click Modify.

In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Close Registry Editor.

By setting this registry key to 1, Windows Vista will first try to obtain an IP address by using the BROADCAST flag in DHCP Discover packets. If that fails, it will try to obtain an IP address without using the BROADCAST flag in DHCP Discover packets.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings. 

To flush the DNS cache:

Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, and then click cmd in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

Once at the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns

You can click on the links below to try a few other basic network troubleshooting steps

Troubleshoot network connection problems:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/33307acf-0698-41ba-b014-ea0a2eb8d0a81033.mspx   

Troubleshoot problems finding wireless networks

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-problems-finding-wireless-networks

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-Internet-connection-problems

Please post back and let us know if this has helped to resolve your issue.

Regards,

KarthiK TP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 11, 2020 Views 13,797 Applies to: