Question

Q: Microsoft 6to4 Adapter Error, Code 31. Wireless adapter no longer works This thread is locked from future replies

My computer says that I do not have a wireless adapter installed and configured, so I cannot access a wireless internet network. The only error message I can find is with Microsoft 6to4 Adapter, error 31 "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device." When I tell it to check for solutions, the box pops up and goes away so fast that I cannot read what it says.
I've tried all of the solutions you have listed on your website. My computer is an HP pavillion dv6258se, and it has Vista on it. This is the second time my wireless adapter on this computer has stopped working, and last time it had to be replaced. I would like to avoid having to do that again.

Answer

A:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3340175&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=9&submit.x=10&lang=en&cc=us

Click on your Operatring System at the above link: Vista or 64bit Vista.

On next page > download latest Vista Drivers for it.

To tell if you have Vista or Vista 64bit > Click Start > Right-click Computer > Properties > System.

Cheers.
Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

14 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 32337 Last updated: December 14, 2017 Applies to: