Microsoft 2000 wireless optical mouse not working after just one day!

I bought a brand new Microsoft wireless optical 2000 mouse. After just one day of usage, it died on me! There's no more blue optical light on the bottom of the mouse. Tried putting in new batteries to no avail.

Unfortunately, I'd thrown the receipt away already. Who would have thought something as simple as a mouse can fail! My cheap USB optical mouse that I had for 5 years is still working perfectly fine!

Sure am disappointed with Microsoft products.

Can someone help solve the problem?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated October 26, 2018 Views 5,301 Applies to:

Hi Tjeast,

Try to connect the receiver to a different port. Then, check the behavior of the device. By trying the receiver on a different port, you can eliminate any issues that affect the port itself.

Also, try to connect the receiver to a USB port on the back of the computer. The ports that are located on the back of the computer typically have more bandwidth (power) available.

You may also access the links below and follow the steps to troubleshoot the wireless mouse issue on your computer and check if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838398

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Arya, 
I too have the same problem with my Microsoft 2000 optical Mouse whose Movement Sensing Blue light isn't appearing.

Also When I turn on the mouse, the blue light blinks once after which it doesn't work.

The Buttons and the scroll roller is working perfectly alright though.

I bought it just 3-4 months back.

Please suggest me what to do to get it working.
Thanks

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I think it's a problem with the USB connector - it's large and if you carry your pc about with the USB stick in it gets damaged. If you wiggle the USB connector about you may get it to work. I resorted to balancing something on it in the position it worked in.

But in the end I've given up as I see that lots of people have had this problem and it's not resolvable. So I've reverted to a trusted brand for mouse - Logitech - wirless keyboard and mouse fitted with Duracell batteries for under £15. And key is a very small USB stick that is less likely to get damaged.

Sorry this didn't help.