How do I install MCi drivers on my Windows Vista

Hi

I am trying to run a GMAT software and it says to run this software, install MCI drivers on your system. Can someone please help me how I do it?

Regards,
Kshitiz

Question Info

Last updated June 28, 2019 Views 40,567 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Kshitiz,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forums.

When you are on the site to get the GMAT software is there not a place or a pop up that offers you to install a MCI driver so that you can run that program?

MCI drivers provide the functionality for MCI commands. The system software performs some basic data-management tasks, but all the multimedia playback, presentation, and recording is handled by the individual MCI drivers.

Drivers vary in their support for MCI commands and command flags. Because multimedia devices can have widely different capabilities, MCI is designed to let individual drivers extend or reduce the command sets to match the capabilities of the device. For example, the record (MCI_RECORD) command is part of the command set for MIDI sequencers, but the MCISEQ driver included with Windows does not support this command. The reference topic for the record command explains that devices of the sequencer device type recognize the command; this does not mean that all devices of this type support the command. Applications should use the capability (MCI_GETDEVCAPS) command to determine the capabilities of a particular device.

You probably want to check on the site in which you are using to get the GMAT from to see where this MCI driver is located for you to download.

Please post back and let us know if this information was helpful in resolving your issue or not so that we may further assist you if need be.

Robyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Robyn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.