Error message (on booting up) seems to have appeared when reinstalling driver for Samsung laser printer (ML-2851ND). Not affecting printer/computer at all right now. Fix or ignore? Thanks.
You may try the following steps to make sure the system is running fine.
You may try to perform a clean boot to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue. To perform a clean boot we will have to run System Configuration Utility. :
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press
ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the
Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click Apply and OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts verify whether you can download files.
If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:
Also, see the section on how to return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual.
Hope this information is useful.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.