ERROR CODE 0F00 137B

MY PROBLEM IS NOT WITH ETHERNET. CODE READS: 0F00 137B DVDRW_32_DRIVE MEDIA MISING OR BLANK . WHEN RAN THE DIAGNOSTICS AND AS STATED IN OWNERS MANUAL I REPORTED TO DELL. FROM THERE I WAS ADVISED BY THE "GEEK SQUAD" TO PURCHASE A NEW DRIVER FOR AS MUCH AS $40.00. MY COMPUTER IS LESS THAN A YEAR OLD AND IS UNDER EXTENED WARRANTY. INSTALLATION WAS DONE AT BEST BUY BY THE GEEK SQUAD AND DISKS CAME HOME WITH ME IN MY PACKAGE. I ASKED AGENT DURING ON LINE CHAT, IF I DID THE REINSALLATION USING THESE DISKS, WOULD THAT WORK AND THEY AGREED. THEY DID NOT HOWEVER ANSWER THE FOLLOWING. DO I INSTALL BOTH DISKS "REINSTALLATION DVD" AND DRIVERS AND UTILITIES" . AND  SINCE I NEED JUST THE "ONE" THING FIXED , WILL THIS HAVE AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON OTHER  ITEMS?
ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE IS APPRECAITED.
ASLO WAS THERE EVER AN OUTCOME FOR THE MEDIA PLAYER CODECS OTHER THAN EVERYONE DOWNLOADING THE DIVX PLAYER? NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE DIVX PLAYER IT WORKS GREAT, BUT I FEEL THAT THE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER WAS SOLD "INCOMPLETE"!!
    I AM OPERATING ON DELL INSPIRON 1525, WINDOWS HOME VISTA PREMIUM.
EMAIL: Removed my Moderator

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2018 Views 10,353 Applies to:
Answer

Hi CATHIROX2,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site.  Try a different CD or DVD in the drive.  If you still receive the error your CD/DVD drive is bad.  I would recommend that you contact dell for warranty repairs.

Thanks for using the Answers Forum. Please let us know how this works out.

Joseph
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.