Error 2481: The UPS Service is not configured correctly

Original title: error 2481__

Apparently my ups my uninterupptible power supply is not possible to restart from services under administrative tool in control panel as error 2481 and as far as I understand is because the ups is apparently not configured and although I have a manual I can't see unless I do a run command how to see if I can get it up and running or configured by the instruction manual as it supposedly says maybe I am overlooking something or my setting for charging up my battery. As I always have to keep plugged into power and light goes out after a little always and doesn't seem to be charging the battery onboard my dell inspiron 6400

Question Info

Last updated August 16, 2018 Views 7,571 Applies to:
Answer

Hi gct_t1000,

Was your UPS configured correctly before you started getting this error?

You receive this error message “Error 2481: The UPS service is not configured correctly” because the UPS service doesn't know which UPS to use.

You need to re-configure it correctly. Perform the following steps to do so.

Steps to configure the UPS

a.    Click on Start; Click on Control Panel.

b.    Go to Power options.

c.    Select UPS tab.

d.    Pick the manufacturer you want to configure the UPS with.

Note: If your model isn't listed and not fully compatible with a listed one, then you’ve to manually configure the UPS by looking at the manual.

If you find difficulty configuring the UPS to work for your computer, contact the manufacturer who can help you with the configuration of UPS.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit our  Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.