I would like to gather more information regarding the issue.
ØAre you getting this error while downloading or installing?
ØWhich application are you trying to download?
In the meantime you try these method.
Try to place your computer in clean boot mode and check if the issue persists. To
help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows Vista or Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.
This article describes how to troubleshoot problems in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 by performing a clean boot.
Steps to put your computer in clean boot:
1. Click Start
2. Type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
1. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
2. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
3. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
4. Click OK.
5. When you are prompted, click Restart.
6. After the computer starts, check if the issue persists.
NOTE: PLACE YOUR COMPUTER BACK TO NORMAL STARTUP AFTER YOU TRY THE ABOVE STEPS.
Click Start, in the start search box type msconfig and press enter.
Choose Normal Startup and press Apply and OK