Connecting the shared printer, 0x00000003 error code

Hi Everybody!

I have a desktop PC with Vista Business 64bit and a laptop with Vista Business 32 bit.
I connected a printer (HP Deskjet 5550) to the desktop PC. Vista installed the driver (built-in driver, HP doesn't give any another driver, HP webpage said "use the Vista built-in driver") and the printer works correctly. I shared the printer, named HP5550. If I try to connect to the shared printer from the laptop, I get an error message: 0x00000003 code.
I tried to connect from an other laptop (Vista Home Premium 32 bit), it was successfull, this laptop installed the printer and I can printing, but the first laptop (Vista Business) doesn't works.
With the first laptop I could connect to an other PC, there is a shared HP Laserjet 1018 and the OS is Server 2003 Enterprise.

What's cause the problem and what's the solution?

Thanks the answers!

Zsolteey.

Ps: sorry my poor English.

Question Info

Last updated July 13, 2018 Views 12,937 Applies to:
Answer
Hi Zsolteey,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Microsoft Answers Site.
In addition to the previous replies you may also check for the following:

Verify that the printer is shared on the Windows Vista Business 64bit Desktop PC.
  1. Click Start, right-click Network, and then click Properties.
  2. Under the Sharing and Discovery section of the Network and Sharing Center window, click Show me all the shared network folders on this computer.
  3. In the list of shared resources, verify that your printer is listed.

Next, you may verify the Printer Sharing permissions:

1. Go to Control Panel >Printers>Right Click on the (Shared) Printer
  2. Click Run as administrator, and then click Properties. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Next, click on the Sharing Tab.

Verify that Share This Printer is checked.
You may also click on the Additional Drivers tab to verify if there is an option to install a 32bit Driver for the printer as well as an additional driver.

If Password protected sharing is turned on then a only users with a user account and password for the Desktop PC will be able to access your printer. You may try creating a user account and password on the Vista Business Laptop 32bit that is the exact same as the user account on the Desktop PC.

Also, please verify that File and Printer Sharing is added as an exception on the PCs for Windows Firewall or if using another Firewall Product.

For reference you may also view the following link for more info. on File and Printer Sharing for Windows Vista. 

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e2e03106-2546-4085-bd07-6c3ac95003111033.mspx

Please let us know the status after the above steps so that we may provide any additional assistance.

Mary
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.