Code 31 error message MS ISATAP Adapter

Not sure what happened but I am getting this error message that MS ISATAP Adapter
Device is not working properly. Windows can not load the require device drive.
ROOT/*ISATAP/0000

I have gone to MS and reloaded the driver, afterwards it said I am current and everything should be ok. However, in my device manager is still shows device not working. I went to MS and then gave me to three different web sites to download additional programs at just a mere $30 and I can fix the 19 drivers is says is malfuctioning. I'm frustrated because I don't want to throw money at his problem. These programs say there are free but then I download the program to discover the issues and yes, they are found. However, now it will cost money to register the product to FIX the problem.

Any suggestions to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
|
Answer
Answer

Hi MonTQ,

Welcome to Microsoft Vista Answers Forum!

We receive error code 31 if the device driver is not updated. As you have already updated the device try reinstalling the device driver and check if that works, if that does not resolve the issue you may ignore the error message, below link will you go more information related to this issue:

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932520

Steps to uninstall and reinstall the device driver:

Uninstall and reinstall the device from device manger. Steps to uninstall the device:
 i.        Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
 ii.        Locate Microsoft ISATAP Adapter device
 iii.       Right click on the device and select uninstall
 iv.       Restart the computer for the changes to happen

Uninstall and reinstall the adapter from Program and features. Steps to follow
 i.        Click Start and choose Control Panel
 ii.        In Control Panel double click on the "Programs and Features" icon.
 iii.       Here you can find all the programs and items which are installed in Windows Vista.
 iv.       To remove adapter click once on the program and then click on Uninstall/Change and follow the prompts.

Hope this information is helpful.

Let me know if this worked.
All the best!

Thanks and Regards:
Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 16, 2021 Views 29,306 Applies to: