Bluetooth services not listed

I have 2 computers with the same problem.
Computer 1: Emachines, Vista Home Premium w/SP2
Computer 2: Home built, Vista Ultimate w/SP2
I am trying to set up Bluetooth so I can connect Bluetooth devices. I plug the Bluetooth adapter into a USB port, I get the popup that the computer has found new hardware, I get the popup that the new hardware is installed and ready for use. This is all pretty normal. I open control panel and click on Bluetooth devices. I click on Add new Devices. Nothing happens. I open up Microsoft Management Console and check services. There is no Bluetooth Support listed. I have 2 Bluetooth Adapters. Both give me the same results. Both of these adapters will work in my laptop that has Vista Home Premium w/SP2. I have tried some of the related solutions, but none of the ones I have seen in this forum are that close to my problem. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated September 29, 2019 Views 22,341 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Problem resolved. I had tried several times to update driver using device manager. Each time it would respond that the best driver was already installed. I went to the Broadcom web site, downloaded and installed a driver. Now everything works. Botton line- it was a simple driver issue. I was putting too much faith in windows device manager in finding the correct driver. I appreciate the efforts of you folks in helping me to resolve this issue.

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.