Question

Q: 6to4 Adapter Driver Missing

Hello,

I have a Emachines T5274, OS is Vista 32 bit and I'm having a tough time looking for the 6to4 Adapter driver. I need it to connect to the Internet. Will anyone give me a suggestion or a link to download that driver? I looked/downloaded in various websites but it didn't work. I think it is the reason why I can't connected to the Internet. My Internet is working fine with other computer like this one I am using but it won't work with the Emachines T5274. I deleted the file and tried to reinstall the file, when it is done downloading the file, nothing shows up in the Device Manager. Please help me.

Thank you for your help.

William :)

Hi,

Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

6to4 adapter is a component used for transmitting IPv6 packets trough IPv4 network correctly.

Uninstall the device from Device Manager:

Click Start and type Devmgmt.msc, and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

Right click on the device and select Uninstall.

To reinstall the component, follow the below steps:

a.    Open Device Manager. Click Computer from the list.

b.    Click Action on to menu bar.

c.    Click Add Legacy Hardware. Click Next.

d.    Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list”.

e.    Select Network adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter.

f.     Click Next. Finish the wizard.

Update the network drivers from the manufacturer website.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Hi,

Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

6to4 adapter is a component used for transmitting IPv6 packets trough IPv4 network correctly.

Uninstall the device from Device Manager:

Click Start and type Devmgmt.msc, and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

Right click on the device and select Uninstall.

To reinstall the component, follow the below steps:

a.    Open Device Manager. Click Computer from the list.

b.    Click Action on to menu bar.

c.    Click Add Legacy Hardware. Click Next.

d.    Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list”.

e.    Select Network adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter.

f.     Click Next. Finish the wizard.

Update the network drivers from the manufacturer website.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Abdul S,

I know my English isn't good. What I'm trying to say is that I used to have that driver (6to4 Adapter) but I deleted it and I did tried to reinstall the driver on my computer in the Device Manager, but the thing is, when it is done downloading from Wizard the driver is NOT on my Device Manager (under Network Adapter). I believe that I need that driver in order for me to connect to the Internet. My Ethernet is a built-in on the motherboard but when I plugged in my Internet cable, my connection doesn't work on Emachines T5274.

Please help me get that 6to4 Adapter Driver.

Thanks,

William :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 24,664 Last updated: July 11, 2018 Applies to: