2739 error code downloading Flipshare on Vista

My OP is Vista. I have tried to download the Flipshare software via a Flipvideo camcorder onto my computer, but near the end of the installation process the error code 2739 flashes up near the end of the installation. Then a second message box flashes up saying that the file is incomplete or corrupt and that I should uninstall it and try again. However the Flipshare software does not show up in my programs to uninstall, so it would appear that there is no program to uninstall?

I have tried a number of online suggestions to overcome this problem, without success:-

1. downloading the software straight from the Flipshare website instead and running it as administrator
  2. turning off my firewall and then trying
  3. running a Registry Cleaner

I had a similar problem when trying to download updates for Adobe Flashplayer and overcame this problem by being told to go into Windows/system32/Macromed/flash etc. and right-clicking on the revelant .exe corresponding with the file name, and clicking Run. It then downloaded successfully.

Please help! With many thanks.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

·        Are you the administrator of the system?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

I would suggest you to re-register the JScript.dll (or optionally VBScript.dll) and check whether the issue persists.

a.       Run an elevated command prompt as Administrator (Start> type cmd in the start menu(right click >run as administrator)).

b.      For Windows Vista 32-bit user, ensure that the command prompt is at C:\Windows\System32\ folder. For Windows Vista x64-bit, issue the following command to change to 64-bit folder in order to use the correct DLL files:

cd C:\Windows\System32\SysWow64

c.       Type the following command and hit Enter:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

d.      and optionally (if problem persists),

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

e.      Run the setup again and check.

Thank you and Regards.           

Thahaseena M
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 978 Applies to: