MAT folder found after .NET re-install or clean-up - can the whole folder be deleted please?

Hello,

I had problems with Windows Update repeatedly not being able to update .NET on Vista Business v 6.0.6002, SP2 build 6002. I followed the MS advice to re-install .NET (or maybe to clean it up? - not sure which) and all has been OK for three weeks.

However, I have noticed a folder on the C drive named 'MATS', Following the path inside to: {3C3901C5-3455-3E0A-A214-0B093A5070A6}/File backup/'C/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319, this contains 100mb of folders and files.

In the Microsoft.NET folder, there's also a System32 folder containing dfshim.dll.mui in an 'EN-US folder and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

Can the MAT folder be safely deleted?

Many Thanks

Answer
Answer

Hi Vijay,

I moved the MATS folder to the  external hard drive on 13-Dec and have not noticed any problems. I've run MS Office Word, Excel & Powerpoint, Live Mail, Macrium backup, Cyberlink Power Producer (for editing video). So I won't contact you again unless some problem arises which looks like it's due to the absence of the MATS folder.

Thanks for your help,

Frodo

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 21, 2021 Views 11,900 Applies to: