I want to delete an .ink file, but I cannot find it on my computer.

original title: I want to delete an .ink file, but I cannot find it on my computer. Do you know where I can find .ink files on windows vista home premium? I appreciate your time involved in this matter. E-mail address Email removed for privacy

Same as information in the title. I am sorry for my mistake, please forgive me.

Answer
Answer

To search theentire C: drive in Vista go to Start / Search Box and type in EXT:INK. As you're typing you'll see two hyperlinks appear just above where you're typing and one will say Search Everywhere.  Click on that.  That will do a quick indexed search and bring up a dialog box.  Click on Advanced Search.  Click on the location drop down menu and find Drive C: and click on it. Check the box "include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (may be slow)."  Then click on Search.  You will now be searching your entire hard drive for the specified file.  And yes, it's not a very efficient way of searching the entire drive for a file but that's how it's done in Vista.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Lorien - MCSE/MCSA/Network+/A+ --- If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2018 Views 1,105 Applies to: