Question

Q: I get a dw20.exe error reporting box that pops up randomly when I am on the internet. This thread is locked from future replies

I get an error reporting box that pops up randomly when I am on the internet. How do I delete or whatever so I do not get my internet connection stopped every time the dw20.exe error shows on the screen?
RONALD OTOOLE

STILL NEED AN ANSWER

I am unable to follow your directins.

Step 1  YES I DID THIS ....Press "Ctrl," "Alt," and "Delete" together to open the Windows Task Manager. Click "Processes" to show all currently running processes on your computer.

Step 2  .. THERE IS NO DW20.EXE DISPLAYED....Scroll through and click " DW20.exe" if it is there. Click "End Process." If it is not currently running, move to the next step to disable it and remove it from startup.

Step 3  ..OK.."COMPUTER"Click the Windows "Start" button and right-click "My Computer." Scroll down and click "Manage" on the pop-up menu.

Step 4  ..OK..Click "Services and Applications" on the left window of the Computer Management window. Click "Services."

Step 5  ..I DO NOT HAVE DISPLAYED "MICROSOFT APPLICATION ERROR REPORTING" ..Scroll through the right panel and double-click "Microsoft Application Error Reporting." Select "Disabled" on the "Startup-type" window and click "OK." Close the services window. This action will remove error reporting from startup and prevent it from running.

THE DW20.EXE SHOWS UP RANDOMLY WHEN I AM SURFING THE INTERNET OR READING EMAILS.  I HAVE TO RESTART IE TO GET BACK TO THE INTERNET AND USUALLY I DO NOT SEE THE DW20.EXE ERROR AGAIN BUT OCCASIONALLY DO GET THE DW20 ERROR RIGHT AWAY.

Thank You for your reply
Ron OToole
<!-- google_ad_section_end() -->
RONALD OTOOLE

Answer

A:

See How to remove DW20.exe
Microsoft® Security MVP, 2004 - 2010
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP -
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2004 - 2016

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.