I get a dw20.exe error reporting box that pops up randomly when I am on the internet.

I get an error reporting box that pops up randomly when I am on the internet. How do I delete or whatever so I do not get my internet connection stopped every time the dw20.exe error shows on the screen?
RONALD OTOOLE

STILL NEED AN ANSWER

I am unable to follow your directins.

Step 1  YES I DID THIS ....Press "Ctrl," "Alt," and "Delete" together to open the Windows Task Manager. Click "Processes" to show all currently running processes on your computer.

Step 2  .. THERE IS NO DW20.EXE DISPLAYED....Scroll through and click " DW20.exe" if it is there. Click "End Process." If it is not currently running, move to the next step to disable it and remove it from startup.

Step 3  ..OK.."COMPUTER"Click the Windows "Start" button and right-click "My Computer." Scroll down and click "Manage" on the pop-up menu.

Step 4  ..OK..Click "Services and Applications" on the left window of the Computer Management window. Click "Services."

Step 5  ..I DO NOT HAVE DISPLAYED "MICROSOFT APPLICATION ERROR REPORTING" ..Scroll through the right panel and double-click "Microsoft Application Error Reporting." Select "Disabled" on the "Startup-type" window and click "OK." Close the services window. This action will remove error reporting from startup and prevent it from running.

THE DW20.EXE SHOWS UP RANDOMLY WHEN I AM SURFING THE INTERNET OR READING EMAILS.  I HAVE TO RESTART IE TO GET BACK TO THE INTERNET AND USUALLY I DO NOT SEE THE DW20.EXE ERROR AGAIN BUT OCCASIONALLY DO GET THE DW20 ERROR RIGHT AWAY.

Thank You for your reply
Ron OToole
<!-- google_ad_section_end() -->
RONALD OTOOLE

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2018 Views 21,373 Applies to:
Answer
See How to remove DW20.exe
Microsoft® Security MVP, 2004 - 2010
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP -
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2004 - 2016

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.