How to remove a symbolic link?

Hello!  Hope someone can help me "undo" something!  (I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.)

I used "MKLINK" at the command prompt to create a symbolic link to my Windows Calendar file so that I could move it to my Documents folder where I could more easilly include it in my backups.  Windows Calendar works fine and pulls up my calendar, but now I get absolutely no reminders popping up.  Before I submit that issue, I want to see if removing the symbolic link and moving the calendar file back to its original home will solve the problem.

Do I simply use the command as:
      MKLINK link target
where "link" and "target" are both the original calendar file location?

By the way, I used MKLINK because I found it as the answer to someone else's question on how to move their calendar file.  If there's a better/different way to do this, let me know!

Thank you in advance!

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2019 Views 295,793 Applies to:
Answer
Hi PatMW,

MKLINK cannot use to delete symbolic link. To remove a symbolic link, simply delete them as if you’re removing a normal file. Just make sure you don’t delete the original file.

Diana
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

85 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.