How can I completely remove the remains of an unwanted program

I installed Tweak V1 Basic, which I found on the cover DVD of a computer magazine. After looking at it, I  did not find anything of interest to me, so I immediately uninstalled it using the program uninstall facility in Vista's control panel, but a number of program components and registry entries remained after uninstallation.

I have contacted the program's publishers for help but they told me that they  do not support unregistered versions and that I should look in their FAQ's, where I found nothing relevant to my problem.  Is there some way that  can I remove all the remaining components of this program?
Answer
Answer
Hi,

Best way to remove it all is to re-install it - reboot - then use Revo given above to uninstall it.

Good luck.

Rob - Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Rob Brown - past Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider MVP 2016 - 2021
Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT 2009 - 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

You can try these Programs to remove the remnants of it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/290301

“Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility’

Warning The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is provided "as is" to help resolve installation problems for programs that use Microsoft Windows Installer. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other programs. Caution is advised. We recommend that you do not use this utility with 2007 Office system products. For help removing installations of 2007 Office system products, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.

Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet!

With its advanced and fast algorithm, Revo Uninstaller analyzes an application's data before uninstall and scans after you uninstall an application. After the program's regular uninstaller runs, you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left”

http://www.ccleaner.com/

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history

Cheers.

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2021 Views 3,466 Applies to: