Scrolling Marquee Screen Saver

Whatever happened to the Scrolling Marquee screen saver from previous versions of Windows? When I got Vista, I was dissappointed that the scrolling marquee was not listed, but this is just a Toshiba OEM genuine version of Vista. Is it even possible to get the scrolling marquee onto Vista? Has anyone tried grabbing a previous Operating Systems screen savers?
Personally, I don't want to download someone elses Scrolling Marquee Screen Saver they made, mostly because 90% of them are bound to be loaded with a virus. I have a low trust anything that isn't Microsoft, or other companies that I am familiar with. If I haven't heard of the company, I don't download from it (for the same reason as stated before, most of the screen savers are loaded with viruses when downloaded from the internet).

Anyone else miss the scrolling marquee?
Any tips to get the scrolling marquee that was released with previous Windows versions?

Webmaster of Shinra Labs
Answer
Answer
Save copy of c:/windows/system32/ssmarque.scr from old operating system (IE Xp) and copy to Vista directory c:/windows/system32/ssmarque.scr and then right mouse click on desktop and select personalize and screen saver and select marquee. >>> Carl

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 30, 2023 Views 34,805 Applies to: