How to restore Recycle Bin icon on the desktop after deleting it accidentally?

Original Title: Help to find lost recycle bin. Hi there, I have accidentally deleted or moved my recycle bin from the desktop and can't find where it is. I would appreciate it to find out how to reinstate it to the desk top.

Iwould appreciate some help to find a lost recycle bin. - - - Hi there, I have accidentally deleted or moved my recycle bin from the desktop and (whilst it still exists on the computer and can be inspected via doing a 'control F' ) - - - can't find where it is exactly - or how to get the icon back on the desk-top.  - - - I would appreciate finding out how to reinstate it to the desk top.

Many thanks.

Phil7818

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Control Panel/Personalization, in the left column click on the link to "change desktop icons". You can recheck the Recycle Bin here.

Best of Luck, Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi philip7818,

Also have a look at the following article link along with the steps suggested by Rick Rogers MVP, Moderator:

How do I make the Recycle Bin appear on my desktop in Windows Vista or in Windows XP?

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh Y – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2020 Views 78,105 Applies to: