Hi,__somehow my computer wont load my user profile after i attempt to log in. im using correct password and only i can log in trough my child login or guest,

Hi,
somehow my computer wont load my user profile after i attempt to log in. im using correct password and only i can log in trough my child login or guest, they are not admin's so when is nessesary to download something i typing my password in prompt window and it's fine, but  to get into my settings and my log in computer wont logon at all. this is message im getting:
"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"
after i click ok, windows signing off and back on main log in page.
Im admin for my computer so i cannot change a thing.
HELP, how to do it and load my settings and files, picks etc???
My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium, computer 1 year old and barely anything downloaded, have so much free memory.
|
Answer
Answer

Restore Point:

Try tapping F8 at startup, and from the list of startup selections, select Safe Mode by using UP Arrow Key to go there > then hit Enter.

Try a System Restore once there, to pick a Restore Point before your problem..

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > pick a different time > Next > etc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If the above does not work:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-AU/help/769495bf-035c-4764-a538-c9b05c22001e1033.mspx

Fix a corrupted user profile

After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.

Cheers.

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2019 Views 11,493 Applies to: