Display settings keep changing from what I set?

Every time My computer is left alone it goes to sleep or goes to screen saver mode, and when I begin to use it the display has changed the resolution size. I always have to go to personalize and reset the size back to what I want again. This does not seem right to me. I'm new to Vista so I'm still learning the system. However I know this is not what has tyo be done every time I stop using the computer. Where can I set the display to my settings and keep it until I want to change it?
Thanks for your time.
Bob

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2018 Views 26,631 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Railroy19,

Thank you for using Microsoft Windows Vista Forums. 

You need to update your Display updater from the computer manufacturer’s website to resolve your issue.

If that does not work, you need to do a System restore.

Follow the instructions below to restore the computer to the earlier state.

To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
  2. In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
  3. In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
  4. Click Finish.

The computer restarts, and the system files and settings are returned to the state that they were in at the time that the restore point was created.

If that does not work we need to perform a system file checker (SFC) scan.

Follow the instructions in the link below to run sfc scan.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/

Regards,

KarthiK.TP

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.