Display File Size in Bytes on Windows Explorer

Hello,

Is there any way that I can display the File Size within the Windows Explorer in Bytes (instead of KB, GB, etc.)?

I have looked all over the internet for this but I couldn't find any answer that would not require me to buy yet another piece of software. And I really can't believe it that MS doesn't have this somewhere buried within some Registry key or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 17, 2019 Views 51,983 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

This cannot be changed. Windows Explorer will display the size column in the smallest unit, “KB” for simplicity. If you select your file and view the details pane, you will see the file in its true form, whether it’s MB or GB.

There are third party programs that are able to do what you are asking, but unfortunately, I do not think it would come for free.

THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER
Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

28 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.