I have just applied the February patched to my laptop running vista home premium. I now have a new icon on the task bar called "intel graphics media accelerator driver for mobile" and my desktop icons are scattered. What has happened and how do I fix it.
I cant find reference to intel graphics accelerator in the list of applied patches.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
1. Go to " View Update history " > mark down the KB # of you February patch.
2. If your Windows Update is set as Auto, change it to Manual.
3. Do a system restore. Pick the date BEFORE you installed the last Windows Update as your retore point.
4. If everything is back to normal after system restore, post a question to Windows Update forum. Ask if that KB# is necessary to install or if you can skip that.
*** right now I am unable to switch to Windows Update forum. So I can't give you the link to the forum. You'll have to do it yourself.
5. Soon, you will receive notification the new update available. Check the update. If you find the same update you have trouble with, don't install that one until you get the answers from the experts in Windows Update .
**** How to do system restore : Start button > search box, type system restore >press Enter key > uac prompt > click Choose a different restore point > Next > select the date as your restore point, click it
> Next > Finish
Sit back and wait. The machine will re-start when it is done.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.