Error 0xC1900101 - 0x20005

Error occurred during the installation Windows Technical Preview x64. Start the installation passed fine, but then proper error, reboot and return to the previously installed Windows 8.1 x64. What to do?

Update: Long time I didn't come here. I have everything ok and I haveinstalled Windows Technical Preview. So, if you have same problem, advise you to free up disk space.

Once again, the minimum system requirements:

GHz processor with SSE2 support, NX and PXE
1 GB (32-bit) and 2 GB (64-bit) RAM
16 GB (32-bit) and 20 GB (64-bit) disk space for a clean installation
80 GB (32-bit) and 130 GB (64-bit) disk space for the upgrade
GPU-compatible with DirectX 9

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2018 Views 2,589 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I received this on my Surface Pro (first gen). I'm not sure if it was space related, but I cleared space on my drive so there was 20gb free and then tried installing again. It worked the second time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i also having thr same errorerror 0xc1900101 - 0x20007, how to solve this problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

i am also having the same problem

please someone find the solution !!!

sufi

Sorry this didn't help.

I have it this same problem
I try upgrade win 10 technical preview (standard version) to Enterprises. I was have a lot free space on partition.

Where was a problem?

The installer created RecoveryImage (for recover if instalation fail), $Windows.~BT and more on the same disk "C: \" where is updated sytem, in addition to the same partition installation unpacks the new system. The whole took about 130GB. Where else do you have on your partition pagefile.sys and hiberfile.sys the partition is clogged and ran out of space on the new installation.

Solution:
1) Before you start, use DiskCleanup to drive "C:\", on next check how much GB is system have
2) Multiply this value by 3
3) Check the size of the system partition and compare the obtained result
4) if your system partition is equal to or greater than the calculated value then you can update the system, if not forget it about new system.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried win 10 32 bit on a new Hdd and got an error message too. Some thing to do with not being able to find device drivers. Not sure if it was asking for the MOBO drivers disc or the drivers for the Hdd. Using a gigabyte mobo , intel dual core e-2500 , 4gigs of ddr2 ramm. And, a Nvidia card , PCI E .1 with 256 ramm. I assumed it would work with this hardware. Hope some one finds a solution .

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried win 10 32 bit on a new Hdd and got an error message too. Some thing to do with not being able to find device drivers. Not sure if it was asking for the MOBO drivers disc or the drivers for the Hdd. Using a gigabyte mobo , intel dual core e-2500 , 4gigs of ddr2 ramm. And, a Nvidia card , PCI E .1 with 256 ramm. I assumed it would work with this hardware. Hope some one finds a solution .

Win 10 Tech Prev need much more space on hard drive. Yesterday I installed 10 on the old hardware BenQ in 2008. A clean installation took 40GB and I had no problems with the drivers. At 8 and 8.1 I had to manually install wifi card, webcam and many other things. At 10 he chose WindowsUpdate software and BenQ Joybook R 56 works flawlessly.

Sytem Windows 8 and higher have a much bigger appetite for storage space and have greater demands on graphics.
Please check that the system capacity is to primary partitions.

Minimum system requirements:

1 GHz processor with SSE2 support, NX and PXE
     1 GB (32-bit) and 2 GB (64-bit) RAM
     16 GB (32-bit) and 20 GB (64-bit) disk space for a clean installation
     80 GB (32-bit) and 130 GB (64-bit) disk space for the upgrade
     GPU-compatible with DirectX 9

Sorry this didn't help.

The 1st time I tried Windows 10/64 was to do an upgrade to Windows 8.1/64 on one of the 4 computers here. It failed with the 0xC1900101-0x20005 error and restored itself to the Win8 setup.

The 2nd time everything went well, no problems at all. Same machine same ISO copy. All programs transferred and seem to be working just great. The problem that will now happen is to get the operator to use it. She has been told (asked) to use it but was given the option of switching back to Win7 if she had problems and couldn't contact me.

The 3rd time was a clean 64 bit install on another machine running 32bit Win7 . I had set it up to dual boot Ubuntu but Win10 came along. I haven't installed any programs into Win10 as yet and I certainly don't expect any problems doing so. The clean install went extremely well.

My next move will be a 32bit update (with MediaCenter) on the Win7Pro machine sitting on my desk. Maybe this weekend.

Why the heck couldn't Microsoft ship out replacement discs for 8.1 customers? I have several hundred dollars sitting here in unused program discs. Nobody and I mean nobody could use the buck-she 8.1

operating system. They found it counter intuitive.

Sorry this didn't help.

It should have fit on a 500 gig hdd brand new never used.

I'm just going to edit this page. I finally got it on a 50 gig partition on my laptop. It took awhile to get it installed, about 2 hours. Has crashed once, I'm on it now. I think I am going to like this version. I just have to dislike one thing though, it wants too sync to one cloud, pix and docs. I have to shut that down, feels like a privacy intrusion more or less, no more. If win 10 is low cost or close to free, I would buy it. I use Mac's too, win 10 didn't do well on Boot Camp. Will have to try a virtual machine before I am done.

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 10 both 32 and 64 bit versions are still in development for testing and mistakes can happen even from the same iso image, although for reasons of read errors in the DVD drive. Microsoft warned that because of the failure to read from the DVD drive is best to use flash memory.

For years, I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, but as soon as there is a possibility that I test the new systems with the intention of Changes in the future.
For this reason, I installed another hard disk with two partitions. No disk. 0 I have my old sytem Win7 and disk number. 1 first partition is used to test Win8.1 64 bit and the second partition is currently working on Win10 Tech Previw Enterprise 64 bit.
My boot screen developed into three operating systems, but each time, when Loading a new system I set the Win7 as the base.
If any system will leak and not start with what any reason, I can always press the RESET button and start the computer on Win7 intact.

I've never tried to do the upgrade mixing system 32 bit and 64 bit. Explained to me that the combinationwill end badly.

In addition, I noticed that Windows 10 Tech Prev 64 bit has problems with the installation and adaptation of software 32 bit.
With the upgrade, this problem may develop into an error 0xC1900101 - 0x20005, which the clean installation does not occur.

Your last question about Windows 8.1 you need to ask for Microsoft, I am a regular user and I'm sorry but no answer.

I'm sorry if my english is hard to understand, but I'm Polish and I'm still learning English.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad you solved your problem yourself and you're on this knowledge smarter;)

About Cloud....

You do not need to use the cloud if you do not want and you respect their privacy. You can disable this feature, so I did.

BR

John from Poland

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.