Build 9879 causes Blue Screen on ASUS X99-Pro motherboard.

I have tried installing the new build (9879) after doing a complete rebuild of my 8.1 system, over a clean 9841 install, and even as a clean 9879 install.  Every time the system is unusable due to a Blue Screen.

I get the message error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 and WHEA_Uncorrectable_error.  I cannot get any more info from the dump files.  I have tried disabling some devices to find an answer, but have been unsuccessful.

Since some are saying there will be no more builds this year, it looks like my preview testing has come to an abrupt end on this system...

It is a little strange a Windows 10 builds would leave around 30 unidentified devices in the Device Manager, but I suppose Microsoft has not yet added the X99 chipset to its archive of drivers.

If anyone else is running an X99 system with this build, please advise.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 7, 2019 Views 3,861 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can always reinstall Windows 10 build 9841 and continue testing with that build until the next major mileston build in early 2015. In the mean time, make sure you report the issue using the Windows Feedback app when you reinstall 9841.

Make sure to include all the details of your system.

In addition to which part of setup the system hang occurs.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

We're seeing this in our crash report telemetry and working on the issue.

Thanks for letting us know Gabriel!
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Your suggestion might work for me, but since I rebuilt my install, I realize the builds will be offered in sequence, so when I get back to 9879, I will be stuck again.  Unless they were to release an .iso and allow me to skip that build....

I will stick with Windows 8.1 until such things are sorted.

Thanks.

I appreciate the response.  I will be watching to see if something turns up.

Thanks.

The .ISO file for the standard Windows 10 Tech. Preview build 9879 will be available shortly and since and I quote "this will be the last new build of the year" I would take the wait to get the ISO file when it becomes available shortly as you will have plenty of time to evaluate this build.

================== New ISO file =========================

"And finally – we heard from you loud and clear you want ISO images of the new builds we release. We felt it was important to listen to that and give you what you want – but there’s a catch. Getting the update & install data from our Preview Builds mechanism is super important for us. It helps us ensure smooth ESD distribution, download, and upgrade success for this program going forward, and also will help us ensure great upgrades for people once we release Windows 10. So we’re going to release the ISOs at the same time as we publish to the Slow ring. That means if you want to be FIRST and FASTEST to get the build, you’ll need to use our Preview Builds mechanisms (either automatic or Check Now in PC Settings to download.) If you must have an ISO you’ll have to be a bit more patient. I hope that you’ll consider that a fair tradeoff. J

We continue to be humbled by all the feedback we’re receiving from Windows Insiders like you. Keep it coming!

This will be the last new build of the year for Windows Insiders, as we’ll be using the time over the holidays to continue making refinements both to the product and to our engineering system that we’re using to bring it to you. Keep sending us feedback, and we’ll keep working to build Windows 10 into something that you’ll love. We’ll have something new to share with you early in 2015, and don’t forget to check out Insider Hub to stay in touch."

Reference: Blogging Windows

Read the entire blog: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2014/11/12/new-build-available-to-the-windows-insider-program/

Windows Insider Program: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

I have been following the recommended install sequence Microsoft wants.  But since I have run into a roadblock, I will need some way to bypass the 9879 build.  It won't be my fault I have to deviate from the normal install sequence.

So, unless you fix the 9879 build, I will require some way to continue the upgrade process.  I am not looking for "a fair tradeoff", just trying to give Microsoft valid data for the preview builds .......  Don't assume everyone that requests an .iso is trying to shortcut the system.

Hi Gabriel, does your team need dump files?

Or are the information's of the crash reports enough ?

My System:

Asrock X99M Extreme4 / i7-5820k / GTX 650 Ti

PC: i7-6850k, ASRock X99M Extreme 4, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1060 6GB OC
NB: Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB Type 80V4

I have Asus x99 DeLuxe motherboard, with i7 5930K processor,16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM and AMD HD 7850 graphic card.

I clean installed  9841 build on separate Corsair Force GT 90 GB SSD, and upgrade to 9860 without an issue. Upgrade to 9879 caused the same  0xC1900101 - 0x30018  and WHEA_Uncorrectable_errors.

I have not third party antivirus. I disabled Broadcom Bluetooth and   wireless adapter, both in BIOS and Windows with no success. Installer always revert me to previous 9860 build. 

Installation start well, passing setting up, reboot, start making device ready, and than on sometime 85, 87 or even  90% stops, and then either reboot or blue screened with  WHEA_Uncorrectable_error.  After restart it reverts to 9860 build with 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 error message.

So I am stuck with 9860 for the moment, but it is nice to see that you are seeing this in  crash report telemetry and that you are working on the issue.

I do have Rampage V extreme motherboard I believe so VGA drivers coursing the problem you should keep Windows 10 preview drivers then update date widows update again VGA driver That might do trick I did have exactly same  0xC1900101 - 0x30018 and WHEA_Uncorrectable_error problem