Windows 10 TP: Online Game Issues

Hi,

Highlighted games is not successfully executed once I set the default graphic processor is Nvidia, no error message pops, it just run the .exe then terminated immediately. Setting Intel as default games runs successfully. I tried several troubleshooting like what others said, running application in compatibility mode winXP/7/8, still fails me to run this applications.

Specifications:

Video Card - GTX870M

CPU - i7-4700HQ

RAM - 16GB

Is this something that nVidia needs also to be improved/support? --but checking dxdiag system does not found any errors

OR

Does WIN10TP cannot support so far?

Though, this is just the "Technical Preview" or Alpha of Windows 10, i think this issue must be focused on improvement, especially, a huge number of gaming application run in windows platform, just sayin', because you guys, already knew this from the very beginning =)

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks!

JT

Answer
Answer

Hi, just wanted to add that this issue seems to trouble only laptops with Intel+Nvidia GFX, and the games not working on Nvida are the dx10/dx11 games.

And I have a feeling that it might be related more to the Intel-driver then the Nvidia-driver. This based on the fact that when first WinTP build came, we had the same error on dx9 games, and the fix was downgrading the Intel-GFX driver. See: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/779136/geforce-drivers/windows-10-technical-preview-display-driver-feedback-thread/4/

-HC

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi JT,

This issue is usually caused due to Video card driver related issues. Once the compatible drivers are available for Windows 10 Technical Preview these issues might get fixed. In this scenario, you have two options one is to wait till the final release of Windows 10 or else you may contact Nvidia support and check if there any drivers available for this or if anyone else has reported the same issue with the Nvidia graphics card and fixed the same.

Nvidia Support: http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M
- Forum Moderator (Multiple Forums)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 584 Applies to: