Error Code 0xc0000001 on Asus Vivo Tab Rt with Windows RT

Hello all. I have the Asus Vivo Tab Rt with Windows 8. It is a tablet with a detachable keyboard (docking station). I bought it a couple of weeks ago.  The Windows oeprating system was pre-installed and there was no installation media in the box that the tablet came in (I bought the tablet and docking station separately).  On receipt, the tablet booted up normally, but then after having gone into standby mode on one occasion, the blue screen came up with a bit locker error message.  As I am no whizz with computers, I chose the option of performing a full restart, resetting the computer to it's original state.  Again, it worked fine for a few hours, but when I again went to wake it from standby mode, the same error message came up.  This time I persevered and eventually found the Recovery Key to unlock the Bit locker.  However, because I have attempted several times to recover the tablet, it is now unwilling to attempt to repair itself.  The following statement appears on the screen "Your PC couldn't start properly.  After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.  Error code 0xc0000001.  You'll need the recovery tools on your installation media.  If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB drive) contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer".  Can anyone please advise what I can do to recover and repair the tablet to prevent this from re-occurring.  Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2020 Views 5,128 Applies to:

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community forums.

As per the description, you are getting an error message “Your PC couldn't start properly. After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired. Error code 0xc0000001”.

The error code 0xc0000001 generally indicates that winload.exe found in C:\Windows\System32\Boot could not be found or is corrupt. This could be the result of a corrupt download, prior to the creation of the operating system.

Since Windows RT came pre-installed and require an installation media to recover the device, you may have to contact the Asus support for further assistance.

Hope this information helps. Please reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your guidance.  I have now contacted the supplier of the tablet& they have agreed to replace the tablet with another one.  If the same issue arises with the replacement, I may well contact Asus support team through the link you have given. 
Thanks again. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Glad to know that Asus support have taken care of the issue. Your efforts to resolve this problem is very much appreciated.

Feel free to post your query here on Microsoft Community Forums, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I charged my tablet the first time and I believe it was sleeping and I tried to wake it up, the battery had died. So I charged again and started it and it told me to enter some code in the boot locker page.. once I entered it tried to recover and it failed. I don't understand why this happened. It looks like the drive is corrupt?. How did it get corrupt?. Is windows 8 RT so bad?. Can you pls give me hints as to why this happened?. This is a gift to my sister who is not a computer person. This cannot happen to her. I have an ipad and bought her an IPAD and returned it to by this ****. Pls let me know that this does not happen often. I may as well sell it and get an Ipad. I know it is windows 8 issue and not a hardware issue. How can it get corrupt so soon without the user doing anything?

Sorry this didn't help.