Urgent -- Windows RT Surface is in Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Hello MS Team,

I have been using my Windows 8 RT Surfact Tablet from few days. I'm not sure what went wrong, my Surface Tablet is not able to login.
Restarted/Reset/Refresh all operations starts with "Preparing Automatic Repair" and fails with below error message with "Shut down" and "Advanced options":
Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC
Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down" to turn off your PC.
Log file: C:\windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

But, could not find any such file in c:\windows\system32\logfiles folder. Not even "Srt" folder is available.
On selection Automatic Repair from From Advanced Options --> Troubleshoot -->Advanced options, tablet will show "Diagnosing your PC" with spinning dots, and then shows the same above error message.

Also, tried all the options that are available in Advanced option, except, "Use a USB device, network connection or Windows recovery DVD" as I don't have Windows Recovery  DVD with me.

I'm badly stuck with my work, please help me out in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
-Iqbal
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It is normal for chargers for devices like the Surface to get warm to the touch. It is not normal for them to get as very hot though. If it is hot, I would consider it to be faulty and a possible fire risk and would contact Microsoft Surface support with a view to getting it replaced. Please see:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/support/contact-us/.

I would suggest you to refer to the link below

Windows stops responding on Surface RT or Surface 2

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/windows-stops-responding

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Regards,
Yaseer.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 24, 2020 Views 33,107 Applies to: