youtube and apps related to youtube

Hi,

I have some issues with YouTube. Often the page does not open. "The page cannot be displayed" is the standard message

Other website open smoothly. I don't say it never opens. It does open. I do watch movies but stops abruptly.

The message shown within the video window goes like this "error occurred Try later". Then even after several

attempts this movie or any other movie will not start. I close to restart IE just to find "page cannot be displayed"

But sometimes a full 2 hrs. movie plays smoothly without any shuttering. I am unable to figure out what could be

the problem. The above is on desktop version of IE.

YouTube related metro apps also have same problem.

Mega tube has never opened properly.

YouTube downloader plus RT initially worked well, then after a few  days it stopped displaying even

video screen shots. It shows grey screen now with movie name and time below.

Down Tube also plays movies if it wishes.

Where am I going wrong ? Kindly help

Regards

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 224 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

If you're receiving an error “The page cannot be displayed” when attempting to load a web page, the problem may indicate an issue with that website's host, with Internet Service Provider, with network. Before performing any of these troubleshooting methods, determine if the problem is local or global. Visit a popular website to see if it loads. If it does, the problem is with the first website. Try to load it again later. If you cannot reach any websites, continue with troubleshooting methods.

Refer to the help article and perform the steps which are listed under Windows 8 operating system.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Needs to re-enable add-ons after resetting IE. The add ons will be disabled after IE reset.

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Anil

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.