Will Quickbooks 2011 Pro work with Windows 8?

I have Quickbooks 2011 Pro. Will it work for Windows 8 Pro or any other Windows 8 OS? Thank you!!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for asking question in Microsoft Community. I will give my best to help you.

From your issue description I understand that you want to know if QuickBooks 2011 Pro works with Windows 8 or not.

I have checked in the Compatibility Center for Windows 8 Release Preview for QuickBooks 2011, currently there is no information available.

Most of the application that worked on Windows 7 will work fine on Windows 8. You may go ahead and install the application. If you face any issues you can try to install the application in compatibility mode.

Refer this step to install application in compatibility mode:

a) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

b) Then click "Troubleshoot Program"

c) In the next window click an option that best describes the situation and click next to continue.

d) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs/drivers may not be able to run in Windows 8.

If the issue still persists, or if you want more help reply us we are happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Try asking intuit - it is their software.
--
The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
MCC 2011, 2015, 2017

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have Quickbooks 2011 Pro. Will it work for Windows 8 Pro or any other Windows 8 OS? Thank you!!

I can't speak for 2011, but 2012 does have a few minor compatibility issues. It won't create PDF files if you want to email invoices and whatnot from within the program. Also, if you use their Payroll service there is a problem with a time sync issue which prevents direct deposit info from being sent.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No - currently Quickbooks 2011 Pro is not compatible with Windows 8 Pro.  I have both and cannot install Quickbooks.  I followed the "Troubleshoot Compatibility" instructions provided above and Quickbooks 2011 flat out will not install on Windows 8.

In the process, I got as far as rolling back the .NET settings as recommended by Quickbooks to install on Windows 7, but it just won't go.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just installed 8 pro.  I have 2011 Contractors Pro.  Everything works except the PDF file when you send an estimate or try to save as a PDF.  I used PDFUtility to try and reconfigure but im having no luck.  Not sure if its a hang up on Win 8 or not   :/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

QB Pro 2011 is working ok under win 8 pro.

EXCEPT!! and this is a big one...

Cannot make pdfs.  

tr

Tried the Qb utility to repair.  it will buzz and whir and flash but does not fix.

This is very serious.  i look forward to an eventual fix that works.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Originally I was using Windows 7 Ultimate Edition with QuickBooks Pro 2011 - few days ago I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro.  I ran the compatibility wizard Microsoft provided before the upgrade and "MICROSOFT" stated that my CS2 Creative Web Suite and QuickBooks where compatible I can assure you, its DEAD wrong.  Anything Adobe before CS6 will not function, Only QB 2013 works.

QuickBooks Pro 2011 installs just fine on Windows 8 Pro; however, absolutely will NOT create PDF files if you email invoices. 

Basically QuickBooks and Microsoft isn't communicating together properly when trying to convert the XPS into PDF to send via Outlook.  This issue could be resolved, but MS creating a quick patch fix on how the XPS and PDF conversion functions and if the two companies worked together, but apparently they want you to UPGRADE to the newest version.

I purchased QB Pro 2011 the ending year of 2011 its only the ending year of 2012, and I already have to upgrade which isn't acceptable.  It's really a shame because QB Pro 2006 Edition worked all the way to 2011.

So in a nutshell, I upgrade because Microsoft stated all my applications where compatible, when in fact it was 100% wrong.  This is the outcome:  Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro $39.99 ... killed 75% of all my business applications... FORCED to upgrade: QB Pro $190, Adobe CSx Suite$3000+, Adobe Acrobat Xblah blah $199.99, and the list goes on.  So before you decide, I suggest calling the manufacturers of your actual software and asking them.  Because Microsoft apparently doesn't have a clue what is and isn't.

I'm not very pleased with this upgrade what-so-ever.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2013 Views 1,173 Applies to: