Windows 7 update - error codes 800700D and 80243004

Hi,

I purchased Windows 7 some while ago, but didnt install it before now. The installation went well, but when i run update for windows 7, there is one left (for x64-based systems (KB974431)), and i get error code 8007000D on that.

I searched the forums for the error and found one solution - run msconfig.exe and check services which in my case was only AVG internet security, and now i got error 80243004.

Any suggestions that wouldnt cause another error, please? :)

Martin

Question Info

Last updated December 20, 2019 Views 50,045 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Windows Update fails and produces an error with the following codes:

WindowsUpdate_80243004WindowsUpdate_dt000

Or "WindowsUpdate_80243004" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

You will also see that the system tray was abnormally large and full of blank space.

To fix this, simply resize the tray by selecting the tray and clicking Customize. Next click to make the try show fully. This will resize it into the task bar which will resolve the issue. Very strange.

Re-run Windows update and you will find that it now works properly.

28 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi,

Method 1.
Windows provides a built-in troubleshooter that can automatically find and fix some common problems with Windows Update.

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Update. For more information refer to the article below.

Method 2.
If the issue still exists let us download this update manually and install. Here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5a058f6f-c3d3-4cbb-8c6c-ac76c94d3d0e&displaylang=en

Here is the support article and information about this update.
The October 2009 stability and reliability update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 is available.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974431

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.