Windows 7 - Error Code: 80072F8F

I have Windows 7 machine, 64 bit and have been getting error code 80072f8f for about a month now.  I have tried the fixes recommended in help and in other places to no avail.  I run Eset for my firewall and antivirus/spyware detection system.  The PC was purchased new with Windows 7, Premium home edition on it and up until early august of this year, updates worked fine.  I would appreciate any other suggestions someone might have.  Thanks, jdmtkr
Answer
Answer
The machine was purchased with ESET on it and update worked fine until August when it stopped working.  I went back to the advanced settings on ESET and turned off the SSL filtering which solved the problem.  Once I stopped having ESET do the SSL filtering, Windows update immediately started working.  I had the program set to ask for exclusions for various SSL filtering issues and I think one of my kids got a message in August when they were using the PC and instead of clicking on yes to accept, they clicked on exclude which then killed the ability for Windows Update to launch.  Why it gave a clock error is unknown, but the machine is now updating again.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 31, 2019 Views 5,603 Applies to: