Update for windows 7 (KB980408) Messes up my laptop

Please help me.

Basically like usual I went in to my update selected all then hit download and install. I continued as usual but then my screen went blank with the little line blinking at the top left hand corner. Then screen went totally blank. After a few minutes I shut of my computer ny holding the button then started it up again. I chose to start it normally thinking that it was just a glitch. Then when the little red,green,yellow,blue windows icon came up it said underneath that it was configuring updates then started to count up to 3000 or so. After it was done I heard the do, ding ding but the screen remained the same after a few minuets I restarted my laptop again with the button chose to start in safe mode then used system restore to fix computer. I need to know how to get this update or if I even need it? I'm running windows 7 home premium on a hp compaq presario laptop And I will provide further info for those who ask. I Will not be updating till I know what to do.

Thanks

P.S the Update was "Update for windows 7 (KB980408)' Along with-"Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family" "Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows 7 (KB980302)" "Update for Windows 7 (KB975496)" "Update for Windows 7 (KB975422)" and "Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB972696 (Definition 1.81.746.0)" I don't know if any of these had to do with the problem.

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2018 Views 6,989 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Thanks. I have fixxed the problem and I was able to boot from my 7 disk. I have done a sistem restore and I have blocked the update so that I will never do it again. Thank you for the help guys.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.