Error 80070012

I have an old dot-matrix printer (Fujitsu DL1250) installed on my Vista Home Premium machine. I used the drivers that came with Vista and the printer works fine. My problem is, however, that Windows Update is showing an updated driver available (11/10/2008). Every time I try to install it, it gets through the creating a restore point but not the install of the driver. I get the 80070012 error.

Is there a way to fix this or is there somewhere else I can find Windows' updated driver for this printer? Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Sláinte!
Heff

Question Info

Last updated September 11, 2019 Views 11,721 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Communities site.

Discontinued Fujitsu Printer….

Unfortunately, the manufacture of this printer no longer supports it. What that means is that the manufacture of this device will, most likely, not develop newer drivers for this printer that are compatible with current Operating Systems.

As you’ve already noted Windows does not have a compatible device driver for the Fujitsu DL3400. You can use the other device driver, as it appears to have worked for you in the past, but there is no guarantee as to the full functionality of the device.

As before, with this update I recommend that you hide it and use the current version of the driver that is already installed. As the device is working with a mismatched driver then there is no pressing need to update it.

Jared - Support Engineer - MSFT

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.