STREETSMART EDGE BY SCHWAB WILL NOT START

WHEN STARTING STREETSMART EDGE, COMPUTER CANNOT FIND IT AND CANCELS

Hi Raydoon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. 

From your issue description I understand that, you are unable to open street smart edge.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. Don’t worry; we will do our best to help you.

I would appreciate if you could answer the following question:

1.    Have you made any recent changes to your computer?

2.    Which operating system are you using?

If you are using windows 7, let’s follow these methods and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Perform clean boot and check if you can open the application.

Clean boot will help us identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

To do this, follow steps from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: After checking the functionality in clean boot, configure Windows to use Normal startup. Refer step 3 from the above link for details.

Method 2: Let’s reinstall the application and check.

Refer to this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Uninstall-or-change-a-program

Hope this helps. If the issue persists or any Windows related queries or issues related to Windows Operating system, please get back to us. We are here to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem; Schwab Street Smart Edge will not run on my newer computer, although it used to run for a long time. It ran in Windows 8.1. It stopped running for no apparent reason. Only system changes were program updates such as Windows as far as I know.  An invalid log in message is displayed when log in info is entered and log in is attempted. Schwab error 204 is generated. I upgraded to Windows 10 and SSE will still not run.

I spent a long time with Schwab tech and he concluded that the log in request never gets to Schwab servers. So there was nothing more he could do.

I attempted the clean boot as you describe here and got no improvement, running normally or as Administrator.

I have an older, backup computer running Windows 10 and previously Windows 8.1. Street Smart Edge runs fine on this system.

This is a real problem and I am hoping you can help.

BB77SLR

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 9,253 Applies to: