is it safe to download coupon printer?

I want to print a coupon from Hills Science Diet website, but it wants me to download coupon printer software. The message states it is needed to print the barcodes. I called their toll-free number and they told me that they have IT people constanty checking on this software to make sure it is safe to download. The URL when it asks you to click "install the coupon printer" is http://bricks.coupons.com/Install.asp?tqnm=ydyhcsu14454510&bt=wi&o=64122&pt=&lang=&ws=&ct=&ci=&cl=&cp=&eb=1&c=PD&p=1335044&z=&r=&pc=&tc=&lp=1Is this software safe?

Question Info

Last updated January 7, 2020 Views 6,992 Applies to:

Hello Robinatmywindow,

1.      Do you have any Internet security software on your computer?

We will not be able to guarantee if the downloads are trusted. Since this is a Third party website we will not be able to guarantee if its trusted.

THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE DISCLAIMER:
Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Thanks,

Irfan H, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same question and I have to say, this answer was not helpful. We don't want to know if Microsoft knows how to 'cover its butt' by issuing blanket disclaimers. We want to know if this particular piece of software is safe or not. If you don't know, then the answer is, 'sorry, I don't know,' and then proceed to direct us to someone who does look into this question. Obviously, we're not going to run 'only Microsoft' software on our machines, so if your help stops at what is and isn't Microsoft, well, we could really use more help than that.

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This app would be of help.

WOT (Web Of Trust)

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
☞ Avoid a post. Backup your data. ☜

Bruce Hagen
MVP: 2004 ~ 2010
2014 ~ Present
Imperial Beach, CA

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.