How did Wajam get on my PC?

I'm not sure how Wajam got on my PC ,ive been trying to take it off but it takes hours and have to turn it off,just keeps saying ,wait for it to uninstall,do i need it?
original title: Wajam

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2018 Views 262,691 Applies to:
Answer
Reply In reply to deleted message
I know, isn't he amusing though? He is their version of damage control. He comes on stating what Wajam is suppose to do! well, it is what it is not suppose to do that it does. These morons think they are dealing with a bunch of 16 year olds who are stuck to their facebook 24/7 who are totally clueless.
They found a loop hole through security at this point, but not for long. I know one of the sites that calls out malware, called it and alain was trying to dispute them. Make sure you go to other websites and comment as well. The word needs to get out and stay out. Mine came through a download from Cnet. I called them on it, but they consider it normal business as usual to piggyback unwanted garbage onto other software. That is their way of making money off of Wajam. I wonder if these jokers make money by having their malware popup and connect to some website and then they end up charging the website for the visits. It took me a few hours, but I made sure my pc was not connected to the internet while I was cleaning up of this malware.  

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Reply In reply to deleted message
I believe Wajam gets installed through Super Finder, an otherwise excellent Windows search program. But yes, it IS malware and for those who used the Wajam uninstaller, I would do a regedit and search your registry for remains of the program. Wajam caused all kinds of problems on my PC and after uninstalling I found numerous leftover entries in the registry.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.