How do I view the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive on MS-DOS 6.22?

So, I want to create a Windows 95 virtual machine so I installed MS-DOS 6.22, inserted the Windows 95 ISO into the CD-ROM drive and tried to boot from it in the MS-DOS interface. Sounds easy, correct?

Well, I haven’t found much success. I’ve tried asking Google to find potential resolutions to the problem, I’ve tried cd’ing into random drive letters, I’ve tried looking in my VirtualBox settings to see if it was displayed there, but it all failed and I came to my final resort of contacting Microsoft Support. They stated that both of the products I questioned are currently obsolete and referred me onto this website.

I’m wondering, how could I view the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive on MS-DOS 6.22?

Note: I’ve determined that the primary hard drive where the MS-DOS installation is located is drive C: and the floppy disk drive is drive A:

Thanks.

Answer
Answer
Nevermind, fixed. It turns out that the ISO of MS-DOS I had didn’t have a CD-ROM driver available, so I got another ISO of MS-DOS, installed a generic CD-ROM driver and I was able to run the Windows 95 setup file.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 1,562 Applies to: