"WindowsUpdate_80246008" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

when I try to use widows update on windows 7 ultimate I keep getting this error code "WindowsUpdate_80246008" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" nothing will update it all fails.when I search for the error code online all i find is help for vista.
Answer
Answer
I spent far too long trying to fix this.  BITS needs to be re-registered first before you can even start trying any of the other solutions on here:

sc create BITS binpath= "c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs" start= delayed-auto

Then either restart, or go into Services (run: services.msc) and restart it yourself.

53 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
badcip,
     You can run the BITS repair tool from the article in the last post.  I ran it on my Windows 7 machine and it ran without any problems. 

Did you run the System File Checker?  If so what were the results?  If it found problems it was not able to resolve then your best bet is to back up all your personal data the reinstall Windows.  Once some files or system components get corrupted or compromised to a certain extent then the best thing to do is reinstall Windows.

Mike - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Mike

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 27, 2021 Views 37,710 Applies to: