Windows Update "Updates for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 Help (KB957247) Fails to install
Windows Update "Updates for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 Help (KB957247) Fails to install Constantly. I have tried installing several Times. Made sure all Office processes were terminated. Even when choosing the Install Updates using the Shutdown button
it fails to install.
Error Code 92D.
All other Office and windows updates install without any problems. Running Windows 7 Professional x86.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
It might be that some third party application is interfering with the download I would suggest you to
perform a clean boot.
To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows Vista by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.
Steps to perform clean boot and check if you have the issue.
1. Click “Start”, type “msconfig” in the Start Search box and then press “Enter”.
2. User Account Control permission
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password and click “Continue”.
3. On the “General tab”, click “Selective Startup”.
4. Under “Selective Startup”, click to clear the “Load Startup Items” check box.
5. Click the “Services tab”, click to select the “Hide All Microsoft Services” check box and then click “Disable All”.
6. Click “Ok”.
7. When you are prompted, click “Restart”.
8. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.
Reset the computer to start as usual
After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
1. Click “Start”, type “msconfig.exe” in the “Start Search box”, and then press “Enter”.
2. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click “Continue”.
3. On the “General tab”, click the “Normal Startup” option, and then click “Ok”.
4. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click “Restart”.
If the issue is resolved check which third party is causing the problem, referring the link given below.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: Ensure to put the computer to normal state by following “Reset the computer to start as usual”. Follow step 2 to do so.
I would suggest you to uninstall the updates for Microsoft office power point 2007 help from the system and then install it again. Download the update from the link mentioned below and install it on the system.