1. Obtain the WIM filter driver from the Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK). To download and install the Windows AIK, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
2. Click Start, point to All Programs, click Microsoft Windows AIK, right-click Windows PE Tools Command Prompt, and then click
Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password, type the password. If you are prompted to continue, click
3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER.
This command creates a folder that is named Mount.
4. Put the Windows Vista installation media in the CD or DVD drive.
5. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Imagex /mount DVDDriveLetter\sources\install.wim 1 \mount
6. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
This command moves to the source folder
7. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
xcopy GlobalInstallOrder.xml %windir%\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_07289f4cca5f6990
This command copies the GlobalInstallOrder.xml file to the destination folder.
30 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this response?
Thanks for your feedback.