vista updates crashes my computer and wont startup

after updating my vista computer with the latest update my computer wont startup. ive tried all i can think of. ive tried the repair to no evail. ive tried booting in safe mode again to no evail. what can i do.

someone please help

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 4,417 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Halcyion,
Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum.
A. Which KB updates are you trying to update?
B. Do you get any error message?

I would suggest you to set the computer to Last Knows good configuration so that the computer Starts up, once the computer is started I would suggest you to download the updates from the download center and then install the updates in clean boot, the following are the steps to put the computer in Last Known good configuration.
1.     Restart your computer if it is powered on.
2.     Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
3.     Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.
4.     Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
5.     Select Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter.
6.     You should see drivers loading, and then please wait.
7.     You should then be at the Welcome Screen.
8.     Logon to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.

Have you tried system restore, if you have not tried system restore I would suggest you to perform system restore, the following steps will help you to perform system Restore.
1.            Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
2.            In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click next.
3.            In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click next.
4.            Click Finish.
Note: When you use System restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.
Refer to this link for step by step procedure to System Restore
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212

The computer restarts, and the system files and settings are returned to the state that they were in at the time that the restore point was created.

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.
Thanks & Regards,
Vijay – Microsoft Support

Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.