Language Pack Installation Failed

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate x64. I attempted to install, as an administrator, the Chinese Simplified language pack. The installation, after several hours of installation time, failed. The update is now listed in my update history but not in installed updates. It has never been offered again. I can go to Region and Language in the Control Panel and see that Chinese Simplified is offered, although I've never selected it, logged off and then logged back on to see if it functions. Is there any way of removing the failed update? I don't really want to use System Restore and then have to reinstall several other programs.

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged and unfortunate among us.

Question Info

Last updated August 29, 2019 Views 6,834 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi C.B,

If the language pack update installation was failed then you will not find it under installed updates.

If the Chinese language pack update failure is available in the update history there is nothing wrong, update history only gives you the information on the installation of updates on the computer.

You cannot remove only the failed update from the update history; if you want to remove the failed update then you will need to completely clear the update history.

In regional and language settings where do you find Chinese as an option?

If you do not want the Chinese language on the computer then you may uninstall it, check if its available in the installed language.

a)   Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button, clicking   Control Panel, clicking  Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.

b)   Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.

c)    Under Display language, click  Install/uninstall languages, and then follow the steps. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Install or change a display language

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Install-or-change-a-display-language

If the Chinese language is not available in the installed language then you will need to remove it from the keyboard input layout.

a)   Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button, clicking  Control Panel, clicking  Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.

b)   Click the Keyboards and Languages tab, and then click Change keyboards.

c)    Under Installed services, Select Chinese and Click remove.

Add or change an input language

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Add-or-change-an-input-language

Hope this helps!

Halima S   - Microsoft Support.

Visit our  Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.