Question

Q: Error code: 80072EE Unable to perform Windows updates

I amm getting this error code  80072EE 2but i am noticing it is stated that the updates are Managed by your system administrator.  I am the administrator.  But in grey it says check online for updates from Microsoft update.  Clicking that it goes out and checks for updates but it defaults back to Mamaged by your system administrator.  How can i change this?

Original title: Brand new Lattitude Laptop running windows 7 Pro and cannot do updates

Again this is a brand new laptop.  The only thing i did was check the hardware and make sure it works and after that I decided to check for updates and unless i do it the other way i cannot get updates nor can i get windows defender updates- it says none are available

there is no antivirus program yet on this computer so that is not blocking it

Some how i need to change the policy on this so it gets updates

So before i call dell got any ideas how to fix this?

robin

running windows xp pro sp3 on 4 computers, windows 7 home premium on 2, windows home starter on a mini, beta test antispyware and antivirus software, on various antispyware/antivirus forums including MSE, WD, Windows Live Mail, etc etc.

Hi Robin,

I don’t think that’s the exact error code that you’re receiving. If you check again, the error code that you’re receiving might match with the one that is listed in the article mentioned below. I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below.

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4,833 Last updated: April 13, 2018 Applies to: