You may also try to restart the computer in safe mode and try to install the standalone version of update KB969615. To start the computer in safe mode restart the computer and keep tapping F8 key. Once you see the option safe mode select it and press
If the above steps fail, perform a clean boot on your computer and try to install the updates.
To perform a clean boot on a computer that is running Windows Vista:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, try to install the updates.
If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot and then installing the updates, then follow the steps on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual” in the following KB article:
Also refer the link below to know more about the "Error Code 4397" see this archived thread in the Microsoft Newsgroup for Windows Update: