can' find initpki.dll= can I replace

Hi
I have been unable to update vista since the comp got switched off during a restart after update. I was working throught some of the answers and got to the part which deals with error 0x800B0001

Method 4: Reregister DLL files that are associated with Cryptographic Services To register .dll files that are associated with Cryptographic Services, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start , click Run , type cmd in the Open box, and then OK .

Note On a Windows Vista-based computer, click Start , type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe , and then click Run as administrator .
  2. At the command prompt, type the following commands, and press ENTER after each command:
    regsvr32 /u softpub.dll
    regsvr32 /u wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 /u initpki.dll
    regsvr32 /u dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 /u rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 /u gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 /u sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 /u slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 /u mssip32.dll
    regsvr32 /u cryptdlg.dll
    exit
Several of these files are reported missing although the scan says the system is intact. How can I reinstall these missing files please?
they are
initpki.dll    rsaenh.dll    gpkcsp.dll   mssip32.dll
thank you

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2018 Views 27,482 Applies to:
Answer
In the end I re-installed Vista and all is well again. I would suggest that if the problem seems baffling = then re-install is quicker and safer: I have now am bang upto date on updates - whic I would not have had. No problem at all = just be careful to find and keep seperate all passwords and back up all files. Curiously, the new vista instalation seems smaller than the old one - and so much quicker. I suppose alot of flotsum and jetsum gets wiped out in the new install.

Thanks guys

dr Palf

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.