Question

Q: can' find initpki.dll= can I replace

Hi
I have been unable to update vista since the comp got switched off during a restart after update. I was working throught some of the answers and got to the part which deals with error 0x800B0001

Method 4: Reregister DLL files that are associated with Cryptographic Services To register .dll files that are associated with Cryptographic Services, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start , click Run , type cmd in the Open box, and then OK .

Note On a Windows Vista-based computer, click Start , type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe , and then click Run as administrator .
  2. At the command prompt, type the following commands, and press ENTER after each command:
    regsvr32 /u softpub.dll
    regsvr32 /u wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 /u initpki.dll
    regsvr32 /u dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 /u rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 /u gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 /u sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 /u slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 /u mssip32.dll
    regsvr32 /u cryptdlg.dll
    exit
Several of these files are reported missing although the scan says the system is intact. How can I reinstall these missing files please?
they are
initpki.dll    rsaenh.dll    gpkcsp.dll   mssip32.dll
thank you

Answer

A:

In the end I re-installed Vista and all is well again. I would suggest that if the problem seems baffling = then re-install is quicker and safer: I have now am bang upto date on updates - whic I would not have had. No problem at all = just be careful to find and keep seperate all passwords and back up all files. Curiously, the new vista instalation seems smaller than the old one - and so much quicker. I suppose alot of flotsum and jetsum gets wiped out in the new install.

Thanks guys

dr Palf

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 27,273 Last updated: May 27, 2018 Applies to: